Friday, March 8, 2013

DIY: Zipper Bracelet

Hey guys! Here's a new post on how to make a bracelet with only zippers and studs as our materials. I'm really excited to share my newest DIY as the end result looks so much better than I expected. :DD

This is easy as long as you know how to sew. Just prepare thread, needle and scissors and we're good to go.
 photo BeFunky_DSC00853jpg_zps8a7e23bd.jpg

I was clueless, at first, on how I was going to remove the zipper slider. I couldn't remove it even with force so I just had the edge cut. photo BeFunky_DSC00854jpg_zps10b7488f.jpg

We have now two separate tapes. Place the tapes parallel to each other, with teeth on opposite sides.
 photo BeFunky_DSC00855jpg_zps2bcfccab.jpg

Start hand sewing. Sew straight and near the edges so that the stitches won't be too visible.
 photo BeFunky_DSC00856jpg_zps1732d9e6.jpg

You could use any embellishments. It's up to you. Pearls would look good too. I used studs for this to sustain the edgy gold and black theme.
 photo BeFunky_DSC00857jpg_zps77f38310.jpg

If you have studs like mine, you don't need to cut holes. Just pierce the tape using the studs, attach them and use pliers in bending the sharps.   photo BeFunky_DSC00858jpg_zpse5cc4bb6.jpg

Finish it by sewing hooks and eye closures. If you don't have them in gold (just like me :-p), it's fine. People won't see them once you wear the bracelet.
 photo BeFunky_DSC00860jpg_zpsb259f775.jpg

So there! It's so easy that I decided to make two!
 photo BeFunky_DSC00862jpg_zpse160a8d6.jpg  Would you say they're diys at first glance?  photo BeFunky_DSC00866jpg_zps0006df0c.jpg Thanks for reading! If you have diy suggestions, I'm hyped to hear them out. I'm just a tweet away. Or you can tag me on Instagram: @giancarlatolentino

FOLLOW ME: TWITTER | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN

17 comments:

  1. Nice done, I've done this diy before, but a little different, love your way!


    I'd like to invite you to my Indressme giveaway, check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When did you post that? I would love to check it out too. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this DIY! Looks great :)
    I'll have to try it out!

    Talia
    www.thinkwearstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear
    i love your diy
    it would be great to feature it on my blog#
    let me know
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. This diy is great! So simple, easy, cool and beautiful!
    Love it!

    Hope you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so fantastic, what a wonderful job!!!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!! this is really cool!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for your opinion! the picture below all the make up is of me wearing my everyday make up. :) i'm following you now too.:) take care!
    misselegant06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great!! thanks for accepting when i will be on Vacations i will send you the questions! is that ok for you
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea!

    Have a relaxing Sunday,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for posting!
    http://catswalldrobe.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Much appreciated. Please let me know if you follow so I can check out your blog too :)